In this podcast we feature the top 10 deals thus far in 2020 and which pharma/biopharma companies are rising to the top. For the text version of this article visit dcatvci.org.
Key topics: (see Chapter Markers)
1. Novartis’s $9.7-billion acquisition of The Medicines Company and Blackstone’s $2-billion investment in Alnylam Pharmaceuticals.
2. Daiichi Sankyo’s and AstraZeneca’s $6-billion ADC collaboration. Pairing
3. Gilead Sciences’ $4.9-billion acquisition of Forty Seven Inc.
4. Genmab’s $3.9-billion cancer antibody pact with AbbVie.
5. Sanofi’s pending $3.69-billion acquisition of Principia Biopharma.
6. Amgen’s $3.2-billion combined deals with BeiGene .
7. Astellas’s $3-billion acquisition of Audentes Therapeutics.
8. Sangamo Therapeutics’ $2.7-billion licensing pact with Biogen.
9. Merck & Co’s $2.7-billion acquisition of ArQule.
10 (Tie): Merck & Co.’s $2.5-billion research pacts with Taiho Pharmaceutical and Astex Pharmaceuticals, subsidiaries of Otsuka.
10 (Tie): Sanofi ’s $2.5-billion acquisition of Synthorx.
Sponsor: LabVantage Solutions