DCAT Week Planning Tips from Member Advantage CommitteeBy
DCAT’s Member Advantage Committee has compiled these tips for both new and experienced attendees of DCAT Week.
From the March 11 issue of DCAT Value Chain Insights:
- Arriving on Sunday? Stop by the official DCAT Office, located in the Barclay Salon (1st floor) of the InterContinental Barclay Hotel, and pick up your Member Company Name Badge from 3:00-7:00 PM. All attendees must pick up their own Member Company Name Badge. Member Company Name Badges can also be picked up Monday through Thursday during DCAT Week at the DCAT Office (InterContinental Barclay, Barclay Salon) or the Member Company Lounge in the Lotte NY Palace (Villard Ballroom) during these hours.
- Remember to bring:
- Hand sanitizer and face masks
- Any note-taking supplies you may need for meetings (extra pens, pencils, notepads, etc.)
- Formal wear for the DCAT Annual Dinner (black-tie event)
- Comfortable shoes
- Snacks, in case you don’t have time to grab lunch
Please note that effective March 7, 2022, Key to NYC COVID-19 protocols have been lifted. Proof of vaccination will no longer be required to enter Official DCAT Week Hotels and DCAT hosted areas of the InterContinental, Lotte NY Palace, and Hilton Hotels during DCAT Week. While not required, DCAT strongly recommends that attendees wear masks in indoor spaces as an added layer of protection.
From the March 4 issue of DCAT Value Chain Insights:
- Preregister for your Member Company Name Badge for instant introductions, at-a-glance name recall, and to make new connections easier.
- Download the DCAT Week mobile app to organize your schedule and stay connected throughout the entire event. You can view a list of Member Company attendees, send meeting requests, plus so much more!
- Familiarize yourself with the locations and hours of the DCAT Office and Member Company Lounges.
- Use the Map feature in the DCAT Week mobile app to locate the Official DCAT Week Hotels where your meetings will be (and view the cross streets).
- Look for the digital Pocket Guide, which will be emailed the week of March 14.
From the February 25 issue of DCAT Value Chain Insights:
- Need a place to meet with your business partners? Consider booking a hotel room with a suite in one of our Official DCAT Week Hotels.
- Pre-register for any Education Sessions that you plan to attend. Click here to learn more.
- Pre-register for the Member Company Networking Reception.
- If your company is planning to give out promotional items, you may be able to ship them directly to your hotel. Contact the hotel directly to learn more.
- Make time to network during DCAT Week’s Member Company Networking Reception and two Business Card Exchanges (complimentary for employees of DCAT Member Companies, click here to learn more).
- Don’t forget to confirm your lunch and dinner reservations.
From the February 18 issue of DCAT Value Chain Insights:
- Book your stay at one of our Official DCAT Week Hotels for convenient access to your business meetings, competitive group pricing options, and the best opportunity to run into customers, colleagues, and friends.
- Be sure to check to see if your favorite lunch/dinner spots are open. Due to COVID, many restaurants closed or changed their hours of operation.
- Attending the DCAT Annual Dinner? This is a black-tie event. Make a plan for your formal wear; click here for convenient attire services.
- Plan your schedule using our Meeting Locator, which lets attendees know in which hotel DCAT Member Companies have Business Meeting Space.
- Build in extra time when scheduling your business meetings. Often, there are long lines to get on the elevator and wait times may be longer than normal due to COVID protocols.
About the DCAT Member Advantage Committee
This Committee is responsible for providing insights and ideas to the Board and staff regarding possible value-added benefits of being a member. Additionally, the Committee provides ideas on branding opportunities that could be offered to members for DCAT Week or other events.