Message from Outgoing DCAT Board President Sean DiverBy
To the DCAT Member Community:
As my tenure as President of the Board of Directors of the DCAT organization comes to a close, I want to take this opportunity to thank you, our Member Companies, for trusting me with this important role. For me, participation in DCAT is a way of giving back to an industry that has always brought me personal inspiration and tremendous satisfaction. I deeply care about the mission of the DCAT organization and feel privileged to have had the chance to make an impact.
Despite the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic during my terms as First Vice President and President, the organization moved forward and continued to thrive. Losing the ability to participate at in-person events or gather for an annual week in New York City seemed unimaginable. However, it did happen. Yet, membership remained active and supportive, and engagement continued in new ways and with even more people. For that, I cannot thank you enough for your unwavering support of the organization.
The volunteers and staff did an excellent job adapting quickly to the dynamics of the pandemic. They continued to provide outstanding editorial, education, and branding opportunities as well as other Member Community services—virtually. Their resilience showed that they care deeply about the organization and our membership. For me, this is the true differentiator that sets the DCAT organization apart. We are also fortunate to have Margaret Timony as our Executive Director. She’s a bright light whose has guided us during many challenges. I, for one, am deeply grateful for her talent and commitment.
Some of the highlights that took place over the last year are certainly worth mentioning:
- DCAT Value Chain Insights continued to provide the membership with information and analysis on the industry’s most important topics.
- Our Alliance for Industry Women Committee still held their Networking Breakfast with a live interactive networking feature and live speakers.
- The Benchmarking Study, Lessons and Challenges for Business Continuity Planning: Preparing for the Next Crisis, developed by our Research and Benchmarking Committee
- DCAT continued to provide scholarships to students participating in the International Science Fair, as managed by our Science and Scholarship Committee
- Industry Education webinars developed by our Education Committee
- A complimentary webinar series on various topics developed by our Alliance for Industry Women Committee as well as their Women in Pharma Leadership Interview Series
- Virtual DCAT Week with top speakers and insights from companies such as J&J, Gilead, and others on the forefront of the vaccine roll-out. This included a member-only complimentary keynote address by the recipient of the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, Dr. Jennifer Doudna.
On November 1, I will be happy to have the opportunity to continue to serve on the Board as its Immediate Past President. It will be a pleasure to work alongside your new President, Kerri McCullough Wood, and her fellow officers and Directors. I know they will continue to move the association forward and ensure its bright future.
Again, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this vibrant DCAT Member Company community.