Mfg News: Beroni Group
By

A roundup of manufacturing news from Beroni Group.

Beroni Group To Build Process Development, Pilot Plant
Beroni Group, a Sydney, Australia-based bio/pharmaceutical company, has signed a contract to build a new research & development (R&D) center in the Zhuhai National High-Tech Industrial Development Zone in China.

The center will house preclinical research labs, manufacturing process development labs, and a pilot manufacturing plant. Construction is expected to be completed toward the end of the second quarter of 2022, and the entire R&D center is expected to be ready in the second half of 2022.

Beroni intends to commit $10 million to support clinical trials in the new R&D facility. A new company, Beroni Pharmaceutical (Guangdong) Co., has been established for this new venture with Beroni owning 80% of the entity’s shares and a local investor owning the other 20%.

Beroni has a pipeline focusing on oncology and immunotherapy. The company is moving ahead with a Phase II clinical trial of its anti-cancer drug, Penao, later this year (2022) and is scheduled to begin clinical trials for a few cellular therapies. It is also currently studying the use of single-domain antibodies for the treatment of coronavirus diseases.

Source: Beroni Group