Table of Contents Hide
DCAT Value Chain Insights
DCAT Value Chain Insights and its companion newsletter, Top Industry News, are online information resources offering:
- Original in-depth analysis on the issues impacting the business of Bio/Pharmaceutical development and manufacturing, including issues impactful to sourcing, procurement, and supply management
- Targeted and timely news stories focusing on the issues directly affecting professionals involved in the Bio/Pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain
- Delivered weekly to DCAT members with the latest need-to-know information to help keep pace with a dynamic marketplace
DCAT Value Chain Insights content can be found on this dedicated website and is also available directly to subscribers and DCAT member company contacts in an e-newsletter format each Wednesday.
Have questions on how to contribute editorially? Contact Patricia Van Arnum, DCAT’s Editorial Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tele: +1.609.208.1888 Ext 7014
Scope of Coverage
DCAT Value Chain Insights covers the full spectrum of the Bio/Pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain from raw materials to intermediates to drug substances (small molecules and biologics) to drug products (solid dosage, parenterals, and specialty dosage forms) to packaging and the related supply chains.
C-suite, senior, and mid-level executives from innovator and generic drug manufacturers and suppliers of ingredients, development and manufacturing services, and related technologies. Functional areas of readers include:
- Sourcing, procurement, supply management, and external manufacturing
- Business development, sales, and marketing
- Manufacturing and quality in support of the above functions
DCAT Value Chain Insights: A weekly electronic edition of DCAT Value Chain Insights is delivered each Wednesday to subscribers. Click here to subscribe.
PLUS, Top Industry News: To help DCAT members never miss the most important developments impacting the global Bio/Pharmaceutical industry and its manufacturing value chain, DCAT delivers each Friday, Top Industry News, the top news stories of the week as selected by DCAT’s Editorial Director Patricia Van Arnum. Click here to subscribe.
Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT)
DCAT is a not-for-profit business development association committed to providing learning experiences and industry activities that enhance knowledge and create opportunities for members to expand their network of customers and suppliers throughout the global Bio/Pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain.
Patricia Van Arnum, Editorial Director
Patricia Van Arnum is Editorial Director at the Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT), where she is responsible for delivering informational services for DCAT members She is editor of two weekly editorial newsletters, DCAT Value Chain Insights and Top Industry News.
She also supports DCAT’s volunteer committees and task forces that develop educational programs and informational content for DCAT members: the Education Committee and its task forces for DCAT Week education programs.
Overall, she has more than 25 years of experience covering the Bio/Pharmaceutical and Fine-Chemical industries as a business and science editor. She is a member of the American Chemical Society, the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science and holds undergraduate degrees in chemistry, economics, and political science.
The DCAT Value Chain Insights Editorial Committee is responsible for advising DCAT staff on topics and subjects of interest to DCAT members for DCAT Value Chain Insights, a weekly information resource of DCAT, and for offering feedback on its editorial content. The breadth and depth of the collective expertise of members of the DCAT Value Chain Insights Editorial Committee ensures that DCAT Value Chain Insights serves the varying information needs of DCAT member companies and that it delivers topical, salient, and relevant content for DCAT members.
The Committee members are:
- Deborah A. Davis, PhD, Senior Director, Process R&D, AbbVie, and Committee Chair
- Kelsey Achenbach, Senior Director, Pharma and Medical, DSM Nutritional Products
- Michael Cannarsa, PhD, Director, Business Development, Almac Sciences
- Pierre Colin, Head of Finance GBU Pharma, Roquette America Inc.
- Desiree Quizon-Colquitt, Senior Manager, CRD-Global External Supply, Pfizer
- Claus Feussner, PhD, Senior Vice President, Vetter Development Service
- Dr. Stephan Fleck, CEO, Rottendorf Pharma GmbH & Rottendorf Pharma, Inc.
- Amy Schmidt, National Director, Sales, Nosco
- DCAT Staff Liaisons: Patricia Van Arnum, Editorial Director, and Erin Sanders, Senior Communications & Technology Specialist